Thursday, February 2, 2012

I Know Better

MamaKat's Prompt: The one place in my life that I know better, but haven’t been able to do better is… 


There are a lot of areas in my life where I know better but don't do better. I could devote an entire blog to all those things. But for this one, little post I'll narrow it down to one thing: Laundry. I know better, but I don't do better.

I know that I should separate everything out based on color or type of clothing, but I don't. I know that I should immediately hang up the hanging clothes as soon as they are removed from the dryer, but I don't. I know that I should promptly respond to the buzz that tells me another load is ready to be moved through, but I don't. I know that I should never forget about a load and leave it sitting in the washer overnight, but I do. And I know that I shouldn't dump a day's worth of laundry on the bed, leave it there until bedtime and then push it off into the empty baskets on the floor to deal with another day, but I do.

I know better because my mama taught be better. I followed all these rules while growing up. I remember sorting out clothes with my brother and spending the day washing, drying, hanging up, folding and putting away clothes until all the laundry was finished. No clothes were left behind.

But something changed when I was left to my own laundry devises. I'm a huasfrau now, so I have no excuse for the piles of laundry that take over my bathroom on a regular basis. I just hate laundry. I loathe it. Detest it. It's the worst chore.

I know better. I really, really do. But I don't do better.



8 comments:

  1. I despise laundry too, but my OCD will not allow me to let it go for too long. I have relaxed somewhat and not removed dried clothes from the dryer and have left folded clothes in baskets so long that the kids are digging clothes from them.

    I love to organize and have a tip. Since you like to leave the clothes in the bathroom, put a cotton laundry bin in each bath. You can still drop the clothes in the bathroom, but cut down the clutter. :) Also, this tip was shared with me. Wash two loads of laundry early in the morning. It cuts down on how large the loads are and you won't have to be doing laundry on one day-ALL day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I get it. I so get it. You are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. Surely laundry is the bane of everyone's existence? I am less than crash hot with it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like loading it but, I love taking it out the dryer toasty warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you 100%. I absolutely loathe laundry and I do it EXACTLY the way you do. I'm sure we do other things much better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betsy, I got an email that you left a comment on my post about my happy day. It didn't come up on my blog but I wanted to let you k ow that I peaked very early in the day and in just about average from the moment I hit publish post. Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sincerely dislike laundry, as I think that all those piles are trying to kill me. They'll all just pile up on me one day, and that will be it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to be in such laundry-loathing company!! I really should start working on those tips... maybe tomorrow. :P

    Gee- Well, at least it was average and not horrible?? But a fully-awesome day would have been better. I hope this morning mirrors yesterday morning and stretches through to the entire day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...